Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17th - Andrea's Training Log and Ramblings

Well today's ride was suppose to be yesterday's ride, but instead of hitting the snooze button I turned the 1st alarm off and woke up at 5:45am instead of 4:30am, which is much too late to get my 1.5 hour ride in before my daycare kids show-up. So I took my day off early this week. My work out for yesterday consisted of non-stop packing and the only time I sat down all day was to eat.

So today, being my day off from work, I got on the trainer at 5:40am and had a 1.5 hour endurance ride. My legs felt sore and heavy for much of the ride, but the rest of the day they felt great. Then the rest of my day was again non-stop packing and I ended the day helping take down the kids play-set, this is no small play-set we are talking about.



Ours is in the foreground.

Tomorrow is my last day of doing daycare and then I will be unemployed. I don't know how I feel about that. In some ways it will be back to normal after 2 1/2 years, but in other ways I think I may get a little antsy to be doing something. I'm sure for the summer I am going to enjoy the time with my kids tremendously and just concentrate on biking and biking trips, and hopefully finding and getting ready a new home. But then in the fall when the kids go to school and Wyatt starts kindergarten, what will I do? I have a bachelor of science degree in Management Information Systems from 12 years ago that I never used except for a college job, I now fear that my degree is outdated.

No comments: