Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15th - Andrea's Training Log

I figured the only way I am going to stay accountable for my workouts is to write about them daily on the blog.

I have finished all my base miles by completing the 3 base phases and now I am in week 3 of the build 1 phase. I generally like to get up early and ride, but this morning I just couldn't pull myself out of bed. As I laid there this morning I felt my legs still sore from Sunday's endurance ride and Saturday's anaerobic intervals and I stayed up way too late last night. So after we got all the kids to bed tonight I hopped on the bike about 8:30 for my ride. Tonight's ride was a P1 for those of you familiar with Friel's Mountain Bikers Training Bible, it was a short 1 hour ride which consisted of a 10 minute warm up, and 25 jumps - in sets of 5 - each 1 minute apart with 5 minutes in between. The 1st set was rough, I was not warmed up enough and my legs still felt dead from the weekend. The next 4 sets went much better and my legs felt good after the ride was over.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Will this help you get out of bed to train: the thought of your pre-teen daughter passing you out on the course? ;-)

Hang in there! Less than four weeks to go until the Spring Cup. woo-hooooooo

Horner Family said...

Thank God that won't happen this year. She is hanging out in citizen one more year before moving up.

Janet said...

Citizen?!

Oh now she's just sandbagging.