Saturday, July 07, 2007

Preride

Stephanie offered to watch the other kids while, Andrea, myself, Ray, Connor, and Taylor went out to ride the course. Andrea was already part way up the starting climb when Taylor and I started and patiently waited for us at the top. Taylor had a difficult time on the climb and gave up about half way up. I was still frustrated from the kids antics in the car and breakfeast earlier and wasn't in the mood for Taylor giving up. I walked with her to the top of the hill and she got back on before Frog Pond. Even though she complained the entire time while on top, I though she was doing a very good job riding the single track. As we went down through the woods she handled the trail very well, but any time there was a root or drop-off she would instantly get off her bike.

We made it part way up Cedar Climb before Taylor broke down on the side of the trail and felt like she was going to get sick. I calmed myself down and her and we walked back out of Cedar Climb and down the ski hill to the Maze. She felt a little better now and was able to ride the remainder of the Maze and the service road back to the Chalet. I think we have made up our minds that Taylor will not be doing any more Kids Comp races this year and we will re-evaluate next year. Mountain biking just may not be Taylors "deal" and that is perfectly fine. I don't want to force it on her.

Matts Preride

No comments: