Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Feeling Rejuvinated

In general I have been feeling a little burnt out and have lost some ambition to go out and ride. I typically try to get in 5 -6 rides in per week, but for at least the last month I have been lucky to get in 4.

The mid season break and our trip to Kansas City, however, has refreshed my enthusiasm to train and race. In addition, upcoming solo races at the 12 hours of Kato and the 24 Hours of Afton have given me something different to train for.

I felt like my endurance has suffered somewhat due to all the racing and lack of the longer rides on Sundays so I managed to go out for a longer ride on Sunday. Ride Details. It was fairly windy, so I ended up pushing a little harder than I should have back home into the headwind. Towards the end of the ride my left knee was very sore, which typically happens early in the season as I build training volume. The legs were pretty sore on Monday and I had plans to put the bike on the trainer and spin for 30-60 min in the evening, but I got caught up in yard work instead.

Tuesday afternoon I went out in the heat and high humidity to perform some jumps, something I haven't done for quite a while. I am not sure why I don't do these more as they are a good workout to build explosive power and leg speed. Although it didn't feel too hot during the first part of the ride, I really started to feel the humidity by the end.

The remainder of the week looks like this. A moderate endurance ride on Wednesday. Thursday, I think I will throw in a set of anaerobic intervals then finish at threshold pace. Friday I might go out for a easy spin or take the day off. Saturday the entire family will be down at Redwing to pre ride. Sunday, will finish the week with what I am sure will be another hot race.

My goal is to continue training and finish the season strong. I am especially looking forward to the endurance races at Mt. Kato and Afton, this year I will be much more serious.

1 comment:

HEATH said...

hELLO,, POST UP PEOPLE, BLOG on! Catch ya soon!