Monday, March 19, 2007

Things are starting to come around

This weekend was crucial in my mind, because I have felt slightly "off" for the past few weeks; ever since we returned from Arizona. Since then, I feel as if I am just going through the motions and not really progressing very much.

Saturdays ride were hard VO2 max intervals, which I haven't done much of yet and last weekend they went poorly. The objective was to establish a baseline for future comparison. The duration of the intervals were 4 minutes with a 4 minute recovery. The speed was basically whatever I could hold for that duration and still complete 6 strong intervals. I was able to maintain speeds between 22-23 mph (325-360 watts) during the intervals. After the intervals, I finished off with a strong endurance (E2) ride, easily maintaining 18.5 mph.

Sunday was a hectic day with lots of family stuff to do, however, I managed to get in a decent endurance ride before bed. I never like getting on the bike too late in the day. I am usually tired and less motivated to do a good workout, however, it is slightly easier for an endurance ride. The legs felt a little tired at first but warmed up quickly. Overall the ride went really well I was able to maintain near 19 mph for over two hours before I decided to get off before bedtime.

Note: See full details in Matt's Training Blog

No comments: