Thursday, April 16, 2009

That Time of Year

The trails are opening up and just in time. I have bee itchin to ride some dirt for a long time and nature has cooperated recently with a dry spring. Hopefully I can get the kids out tonight at Murphy for a little ride.

Last night I pushed a fairly good endurance ride around Savage and Shakopee. Jordan went out for the first 30 min and easily kept up with my low endurance pace. Not to bad for rarely riding her bike expect for races. I need to get her out more early this season as the sport races will be much more challenging especially the length. The remainder of the rides was fairly fun, I kept the HR up because I haven't been on the bike enough and need to play a little catch-up. The legs felt good for the 1 hour push before backing it down to a steady pace.

We will see how the training progresses, but for now I am happy to just get the kids out and ride on some dirt for a change.

See ye all at the trails.

1 comment:

Horner Family said...

yeah dad. I can't wait to get out more with you. I is awesome.