Monday, April 06, 2009

Looks like I will be riding Expert again this year.

For the past 4 or 5 months I have been debating on whether to race Expert or Comp SS in the 09 MNSCS series. Last year I purchased an 08 Fisher Rig and I absolutely love riding it.
I was able to race the single in a few races last year, but as most of you know the courses in the MNSCS series are not very forgiving to a SS. In fact, the only race I ever dropped out of, other than mechanicals, was the Afton race on the Rig. I have been toying with the idea of gearing up the Rig as a 1x9 but that would leave me without the single which I love.+

I then started looking for a used or closeout 08 Paragon, because it is the geared version of the Rig.
Last year I was drooling over the new Superfly because I have always wanted a full carbon fiber frame. The list price for 09, however, shot up to over $4000 and I quickly realized it wasn't going to happen. However, situations change at times and it looks like I will be rollin on the big wheels with gears this year.

I will have no excuses for my poor performance this year. I guess I will have to start putting in some training.

See you at the races.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hells yeahs!