Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Are You Sure Spring is Only 3 Days Away?

The saddest thing in the world happened yesterday. Wyatt our 5 year old came downstairs yesterday morning and melted in a heap of sad sobs when he looked outside and saw all the snow. After tearing around on his bike continuously for the previous 2 days the sight of the snow was more than he could handle. He tearfully asked, "Mommy why did it have to snow?" Then his next slightly angered question was, "So when does Spring start?" I told him 3 days and he looked at me like I was out of my mind. I knew how he felt, Spring break started on Monday and with 6 kids here all week I was so looking forward to them being able to spend a lot of time outside. But with this weather there is absolutely nothing they can do outside without getting totally wet and muddy. The roads appear to be drying out and hopefully tomorrow they can venture out.

As for me it needs to be above 40 degrees for me to venture out, so for now the trainer and I continue to spend quite a lot of time together.

On a happier note we have a signed contingent offer on our house and we have another couple coming to look at it for a 2nd time tomorrow, so with any luck we should be moved to the Twin Cities by the beginning of summer.


Happy Training Everyone!!

3 comments:

Chris Van Ert said...

The snow made me want to cry, too. I need some singletrack soon...

Janet said...

Wyatt summed up everyone's feelings. What a cutie.

Dana said...

Congrats on the contingency. I cant wait for the racing season to pick up again. Chin up Wyatt its almost here!